Saturday, August 27, 2011

a want, a need





My MawMaw used to say, "Sometimes you want something so bad it becomes a need."
Wanting giving to rise to adoration.
Adoration isn't ice cream-love.
It's the die-for-you kind.

How right we are to adore you, Lord! (Sgs 1:4)

He adored us exactly that way.

And He did die.

But loving-adoring Life kills death.

And so loving all Life made Resurrection.

I want to want Him and the Life He gives.

Life He gave.

Adoring Him I lay down mine.


Then when He's all that's left of me, I know what it is to need Him.

I receive and Live His Resurrection.

I want His promise of Life so bad that I need Him to Live it.

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.

Everything on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom.

We adore you as the one that is over all things.

I Ch. 29:11 (NLT)









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs